Medical Student Publications and State/National Presentations
- Stacy Geryak (in collaboration with Elizabeth Poulson, a UF Masters in Sustainable Development Candidate) – won 2nd place at the UCF Global Health Conference 2015, “Evaluating Teen Pregnancy Interventions in Tumbaco, Ecuador”.
- Ryan O’Mara – Hsu, S.I.H., O’Mara, R.J., Grimmé, D., & Gullet, S. (2014) Leveraging Biotechnology to Advance Global Health Equity. Oral presentation by Dr. Stephen Hsu, Mr. Ryan O’Mara, Mr. Devon Grimmé, and Ms. Sara Gullet at the 11th Annual Unite For Sight Global Health & Innovation Conference, April 13, Yale University, New Haven, Connecticut.
- John Aguilar – won the 2014 Best Medical Student Paper presented at the American College of Emergency Physicians meeting. “Emergency Department Physician Communication and DNR Entry at the End of Life”, . John Michael O. Aguilar, Emily Weeks, Marie-Carmelle Elie-Turenne. University of Florida, Gainesville, FL
- Jason Satterfield – won the Best Medical Student Abstract award at the Florida College of Emergency Physician’s Symposium by the Sea in Clearwater, FL, 2013: Satterfield J., Weeks E., Van Dillen C. Hoelle R., Elie M.- “Pre-hospital sepsis alert program reduces time to recognition of the ED severe sepsis patient”
- Kaitlin Christopherson – “Definitive radiotherapy for base-of-tongue squamous cell carcinoma” at the Radiological Society of North America’s annual meeting, Dec. 2014.Christopherson K, Amdur RJ, Morris CG, Werning JW, Dziegielewski P., Mendenhall WM.
- Kaitlin Christopherson –Christopherson K,Mendenhall WM. Radiotherapy for Sinonasal Undifferentiated Carcinoma. 44th Annual Radiation Oncology Outcomes Tracking Seminar, University of Florida. Department of radiation oncology. (February, 2014)
- Kaitlin Christopherson –Christopherson K, Rotondo RL, Bradley JA, Pincus DW, Fort JA, Morris CG, Mendenhall NP, Marcus RB, Indelicato DJ. Long-term toxicity following radiotherapy for early-stage medulloblastoma. Presented at Paediatric Radiation Oncology Society International Annual Meeting. (May, 2013)
- Lauren Page Black – ” Limited course of an antibiotic treatment for chorioamnionitis” at the ACOG Annual Clinical meeting in May 2012. Black, LP, Hinson L, Duff P. Obstet Gynecol 2012: 119: 1102-5.
- Valentina Lozana & Gabriela Fernandez: Staphylococcus epidermidis in Urine Is Not Always Benign: A Case Report of Pyelonephritis in a Child. 10.3122/jabfm.2015.01.140118 J Am Board Fam Med January-February 2015 vol. 28 no. 1 151-153
- Christina Turn – Two Sides of a Coin: The Dual Roles of Chitinase 3-Like 1 in Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis – Publishid in Lung! Springer Science+Business Media New York 201410.1007/s00408-014-9651-0
- Ryan O’Mara – Komro, K.A., O’Mara, R.J., & Wagenaar, A.C. (2013). Understanding How Law Influences Environments and Behavior: Perspectives from Public Health. In A. Wagenaar & S. Burris (Eds.), Public Health Law Research: Theory and Methods (pp. 49-86). San Francisco: John Wiley & Sons, Inc.*The original manuscript of this chapter was among the top ten most downloaded articles from the Social Science Research Network (SSRN) in 2012.
- Shea Ford – Ford, Shea A., and George Blanck. Signal Persistence and Amplification in Cancer Development and Possible, Related Opportunities for Novel Therapies. Biochimica Et Biophysica Acta (BBA) – Reviews on Cancer (Nov. 2014) Vol.1855, Issue 1, 18-23.
- Justine Falcone – “Preventing Diabetes in West Virginia: Review of Programs that Consider Barriers to Care” was accepted for publication in the West Virginia Medical Journal Jan/Feb 2016 Issue. J. Falcone; Ranjita Misra, WVU School of Public Health.
- Tamara Smith -: T.L. Smith, D. Lee, C.G. Morris, B.S. Hoppe, W.M. Mendenhall, R.H. Henderson, R.C. Nichols, N.P. Mendenhall. Grade 3 Genitourinary Toxicities in Men After Proton Therapy for Prostate Cancer. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 2013 Vol. 87, Issue 2, S154–S155. Published in issue: October 01, 2013.
- Kaitlin Christopherson – Christopherson K,Bradley JA, Rotondo RL, Pincus DW, Fort JA, Morris CG, Mendenhall NP, Marcus RB, Indelicato DJ. Local Control in Non-Metastatic Medulloblastoma. Acta Oncol. 2014 Jul 3:1-7. [Epub ahead of print]
- Kaitlin Christopherson – Christopherson K, Werning JW, Malyapa RS, Morris CG, Mendenhall WM. Radiotherapy for sinonasal undifferentiated carcinoma. Am J Otolaryngol. 2014 Mar-Apr;35(2):141-6.
- Kaitlin Christopherson – Christopherson K, Malyapa RS, Werning JW, Morris CG, Kirwan J, Mendenhall WM. Radiation therapy for mucosal melanoma of the head and neck. Am J Clin Oncol 2013 Apr 3. [Epub ahead of print]