The deadline to apply for the 2020 MSRP has been EXTENDED TO MAY 11th. This will give students an extra 3 weeks to find a mentor and discuss a project.
In anticipation of travel restrictions not being lifted by the University of Florida before the start of the 2020 summer research program, the MSRP office will not be approving any projects with international components.
- The deadline to submit your final project proposal has been extended to May 11th
- Although at this time no wet lab projects are being approved, this decision is fluid and can change as the university reexamines the situation. If the regulations are relaxed during the summer and non-essential labs are allowed to re-open, students will be allowed to participate in lab-based research. We encourage all students to have a plan B that could be enacted if labs reopen and lab research is appropriate for your project.
- While no international or non-UF affiliated research locations will be approved for summer research, this does not include UF affiliated off campus locations. Projects based at UF Health Jacksonville, UF Health The Villages Hospital, UF Health Leesburg Hospital, Halifax Health UF Health Medical Center of Deltona, UF Health Ascension Sacred Heart Pensacola, and UF Health Orlando are acceptable. If you are able to locate a mentor and a project at one of these locations, the project will be approved.
The COM administration, the Dean’s office, and the program as well as Research faculty are fully behind the MSRP effort and wish to accommodate as many students as possible. The funding and the credits are to remain intact.
The goals of the program are for the students to understand the research processes and have a project that can drive scholarly productivity.
If you are having issues locating a mentor or project for the MSRP or have any questions related to the MSRP summer program, please email the MSRP office so we can assist you.
Below is a list of COM Faculty that have emailed MSRP office to express interest in hosting a student this summer. This list is by no means the only faculty you can contact to find a mentor, but is provided to help you start the search for a mentor/project.
Newly available MSRP Mentor Information
|Mentor Name||Mentor’s Department||Mentor Email|
|Ellen Satteson||Plastic Surgery||Ellen.Satteson@surgery.ufl.edu|
|Gregory Christman||Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertilityemail@example.com|
|Jessica Ching||Plastic Surgery||Jessica.Ching@surgery.ufl.edu|
|Kyle Rarey||Anatomy and Cell Biologyfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Laura Guyer||Center for Gender, Sexualities and Women’s Studies Researchemail@example.com|
|Norman Beatty||Infectious Diseases and Global Medicine||Norman.Beatty@medicine.ufl.edu|
|Saleem Islam||Pediatric Surgeryfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Tung Wynn||Pediatric Hematology and Oncologyemail@example.com|
|Walter O’Dell||Radiation Oncology||ODELWG@shands.ufl.edu|
Recently Submitted Faculty Project Descriptions
- Outcomes of aortobifemoral bypass with and without simultaneous visceral artery bypass
- College-aged IBD patients’ healthcare utilization trends and patient satisfaction with use of telemedicine approaches
- Examining Relevance of Articles for You (XRAY) Program
- Creation of Virtual Reality Anatomical Modules
- Investigation of Factors Associated with Significant Decline in Health Outcomes in Alachua County, 2011-2020
- The Relative Efficacy and Applicability of Ovarian Tissue Transplantation as an Alternative to Oocyte Harvesting for Fertility Preservation in Female Cancer Patients
- Pelvic Fracture Outcomes in the Elderly
- Factors affecting recovery and long-term prognosis following acute motor (AMAN) and motor-sensory axonal neuropathy (AMSAN) Guillain-Barre Syndrome variants